Friday, July 8, 2011

Lulu: Random Friday Review;; Short story 'Morningstar' by S.L. Armstrong

I think I will do a review every Friday;; which will either be a book, fanfic, album, drama, etc. I can't say I'll do the same review every week because I simply don't read a book ever week, new fanfic, or whatever. SO! This week I shall review a short story I read via the kindle app on my phone:

Title: Morningstar
Author: S.L. Armstrong
Summary: "This retelling the Biblical mythos of the Creation and the Fall comes from the perspective of the Fallen: the angel Morningstar. It is the story of an angel, not of pride and envy, but of confusion and frustration. Forced to watch as the place of the angels as the Creator's favored is slowly taken over by the rise of Man, Morningstar seeks solace with his lover, Radueriel.

Radueriel has a fanatical devotion to the Creator, and he repeatedly urges Morningstar to surrender to the Creator's will. Unable to do so, Morningstar revolts against the Creator and His ineffable Divine Plan, jeopardizing his relationship with Radueriel and risking the wrath of God. The revolution fails, and the rebelling angels are expelled from Heaven. Not to Hell, but to Earth."


Review: Okay, okay. I know how this SOUNDS alright? Believe me when I say I am NOT into Biblical stuff but I'd be lying if I didn't find the story of Lucifer interesting..(My name is Lucy for crying out loud!).. & that I didn't want to read about male angels getting it on (MANSEX WITH WINGS IS HOTT OKAY!?). 

There are some very lovely sex scenes in this story (& some not so lovely ones). I really like the voice the author created for Morningstar & the fact that he questions his faith despite not having his lovers approval. The writing is really beautiful and has a sense of cruel poetry to it that makes me love Morningstar even more.

I like the characters & the classic seme (Morningstar) /uke (Radueriel) relationship & the deep feeling you get from their love. I teared up at one point (I have a soft heart! I am going to end up like my mother & cry at everything../siigh) and really wish the story was longer..


Overall;; I really liked this story. It was short & sweet (kinda like reading a fanfic) but was as strong as a novel. You can check this story out HERE on Amazon in both digital format & paperback. I paid $1.99 for it & found it well worth my time & money.

Rating? Five totally sexy & seductive man-angels out of five.


--Lulu

....I need to get me some of this action... 

No comments:

Post a Comment